Building a hardware product(Part 1)
Building a hardware Product
Taking on the challenge of building a hardware/software product is exciting to me. Here, I am going to document the process of implementing a hardware/software prototyping product that allows the users to get a full prototyping experience.
As a simple start, I would like to build a custom scent dispenser for home. A scent dispenser that is trigger based on the events:
- Some one walks in/out of the door
- A timer that resets for about 30 mins
- A calendar based trigger if there is an event planned for the day
- Stretch goal: A notifier if the dispense is running out of the steam
- Arduino or Spark platform
- IR sensor for motion
- Relay to turn on/off
- Timer for control
- Using Sketch for programming
Next up: Sketch the design and scope out the hardware implementation.